Blues singer and saxophonist Vanessa Collier will perform at SummerSounds in Greensburg on July 26, and at the Pittsburgh Blues & Roots Festival in Cheswick on July 28.
Acclaimed young blues singer and saxophonist Vanessa Collier will be part of the lineup at this weekend’s Pittsburgh Blues & Roots Festival, set for July 27 and 28 at the Syria Shrine Center in Cheswick.
Collier, who recently received a 2019 Blues Music Award for “Best Horn—Instrumentalist,” is a 2013 graduate of Berklee College of Music and is currently touring in support of her third album, “Honey Up.”
Collier’s set will come on the heels of a July 26 stop at SummerSounds in Greensburg.
Collier is one of a wide range of performers who will take the stage at the Blues & Roots Festival. Proceeds from the festival will benefit Band Together Pittsburgh and the Autism Society of Pittsburgh.
See the lineup below. Gates open at noon both days of the festival.
- 1:30 p.m., Bobby Thompson & the Groove (pavilion stage)
- 2:15 p.m., Pierce Dipner & the Shades of Blue (festival stage)
- 3:30 p.m., performances by musicians on the autism spectrum (pavilion stage)
- 3:45 p.m., Jill West & Blues Attack (festival stage)
- 4:45 p.m., Joe Grushecky & the House Rockers (pavilion stage)
- 6:15 p.m., Miller & the Other Sinners (festival stage)
- 7:30 p.m., Gary Hoey (pavilion stage)
- 9:15 p.m., C.J. Chenier & the Red Hot Louisiana Band (pavilion stage)
- 1:45 p.m., performances by musicians on the autism spectrum (pavilion stage)
- 2:30 p.m., Soul Raydio (festival stage)
- 3:15 p.m., Vanessa Collier (pavilion stage)
- 4:30 p.m., Bill Toms & Hard Rain feat. Jimmy Adler (festival stage)
- 5:45 p.m., Dana Fuchs (pavilion stage)
- 7 p.m., Tribute to the Legendary Women of the Blues (festival stage)
- 8:30 p.m., Tommy Castro & the Painkillers (pavilion stage)
For more, see PGHbluesrootsfest.com.
Patrick Varine is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Patrick at 724-850-2862, [email protected] or via Twitter .